Smart Website Optimization
Website optimization is one of the smarter ways to increase your conversion rates. It also helps you to market your business goals in a better way. Removing all the broken or dead links is also a part of it. Broken links are the links that usually show a 404 error message whenever you click on them. The primary reason for the occurrences of these links includes any modifications or removals made on the website. Broken link found in any site affects its SEO and also make a negative impression on visitors, says web development company the UK. Therefore, it is necessary to remove such links and redirect them to correct URLs. But how can you do that?
So here are top-5 Broken link checker tools that will make your work quicker and convenient.
1. Site checker
It is one of the best tools to check all the broken and dead links on your site. Sitechecker is a web crawler that provides you with all the information regarding the dead links and also shows you how to correct them. You can find the anchors of 404 error pages and fix them straight away.
– It is a web tool, so it is compatible with every operating system.
– It is a paid tool, but you can also use its free version where you can crawl up to 100 pages for free.
– You can check your complete page audit with it, including the content errors.
– It gives the comprehensive report of website technical health: broken links, redirect chains, orphan links, indexation errors.
2. Screaming Frog SEO spider
It is one of the most commonly and widely used tools to check the broken links. Screaming frog SEO spider is a widely used tool that can evaluate any big or small website quickly. Also, it helps to see, study, and filter all the crawled data as it is collected. You can effortlessly transfer the data like URL, page title, meta explanation, captions to excel sheets to use it as a base for SEO references.
– Evaluates all the internal and external links of your website with the backlinks created to improve its performance.
– It helps in analyzing the overall health of your site.
– You can use its free version and can crawl up to 500 pages for free.
3. W3C Link checker
It is also the most used tool to evaluate broken links on your site. It gives you many options, along with checking the links. You can select whether you want to see the summary or only documents, you want to hide redirects or not. It makes the result more specific and also marks the issues found in those broken links.
– It analyzes your website thoroughly and reports all the issues in the links or anchors.
– Usually, it uses HTML and CSS for the best results.
– You can download and install it on your system easily.
4. Online broken link checker
It is a free online website validator tool that is going to help you a lot. You can check all the broken links with it and also discovers any bad hyperlink if originated.
– Works for both internal and external URLs.
– Compatible with all systems like Windows, iOS, Linux, and Mac OS.
– It can scan unlimited pages.
– Specifies link issues in HTML code.
– It supports sub-domains.
5. Dead Link Checker
Dead Link Checker
It is another superior tool that helps you detect all the dead or broken links that interrupt your website.
It works systematically and generates HTML output for the inspection of results with a cache link to fulfil all requirements.
It can check many things, including Page not found, Timeout, Server error, and other errors that slow down your webpage.
– It scans all the links simultaneously.
– You can quickly filter the URL keywords.
– It has a three-way process for the dead links i.e. Site check, Multi check, and Auto check.